No matter where you stand on the political debate of restricting our economy to curtail the spread of the coronavirus, the truth of the matter is that COVID is spreading rapidly across the nation and healthcare professionals are urging people to take precautions. And it’s a fact that Oregon’s new economic lockdown, on the orders of Governor Kate Brown, starts on November 18th and will go on for two weeks and likely even longer.
“Maybe we thought the fight was over, but it’s not,” said Dr. Dean Sidelinger, the state epidemiologist. “This is likely the most dangerous time in Oregon.”
New regulations include:
- Limiting restaurants and bars to take-out service only.
- Closing gyms and other indoor recreational facilities, museums, and indoor entertainment like theaters.
- Closing outdoor recreational facilities, zoos, gardens, and entertainment venues. City parks and playgrounds will remain open.
- Requiring all businesses to mandate that employees work from home when possible, and to close offices to the public.
- Limiting grocery and retail stores to 75% capacity and encouraging curbside pickup service.
- Prohibiting visits at nursing homes and other long-term care facilities.
- Limiting social get togethers, whether indoors or out, to no more than six people from two households.
- Limiting worship services to 25 people when indoors and 50 people when outdoors.
Like clockwork, people are flocking to the stores and buying up toilet paper. YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THIS! What you should do is head to Kind Leaf and stock up on cannabis as your entertainment options will be limited for the next few weeks. At Kind Leaf, you can pick up Blue City Diesel flower from Shadowbox Farms or Blackberry Octane #7 from Pruf Cultivar, or make a selection from your favorite Oregon farm. If you’re into extracts or concentrates, maybe Forbidden Fruit from Dab Factory or Oregrown’s Cold Filtered Nectar Primo Verde will treat you right.
No matter your lockdown and Thanksgiving plans are, it’ll be better with some of the best cannabis in the world. If you can’t make it to Kind Leaf, Eastern Oregon’s premier craft cannabis boutique in beautiful Pendleton, please do your best to shop at a local cannabis retailer to best help our local economy during these trying times. Please be safe and be kind to one another.
Order online via Leafly to save time. Discounts available for utilizing the pick-up window and for veterans, senior citizens, and OMMP patients.